Greater New Orleans, Inc. is a regional economic development alliance serving the 10-parish region of Southeast Louisiana.
OUR MISSION is to serve as the catalyst for wealth creation in the 10-parish region of Southeastern Louisiana. GNO, Inc. will accomplish this by pursuing an aggressive agenda of business development—marketing the region—and product development—improving regional business conditions through policy, workforce, and research initiatives.
OUR VISION is for the Greater New Orleans region to fulfill its potential as one of the best places in the country to grow a company and raise a family. The ultimate indication of success for GNO, Inc. will be the presence of a robust and growing middle class in Southeastern Louisiana.
OUR REGION is composed of the parishes of Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, and Washington.
- New Orleans CityBusiness –– Best Places to Work, 2012
- Business Facilities — #2 Economic Development Organization in the U.S.
GNO, Inc.’s Strategic Principles
- Focusing on sectors, opportunities, and issues with the potential to maximize long-term job and wealth creation
- Focusing on sectors, opportunities, and issues that are relevant to the Greater New Orleans region
- Leveraging relationships with partners to support sectors, opportunities, and issues that are significant but fall outside of GNO, Inc.’s core strategic or geographical focus areas
Under the leadership of President and CEO Michael Hecht, GNO, Inc. has pursued a two-pronged strategy of business development and product development.
Greater New Orleans, Inc. Strategy