The Mechatronics Apprenticeship Training Program’s curriculum is designed to enhance and prepare the apprentice to be fully qualified in multiple aspects of advanced manufacturing technology. The two-year commitment will provide both technical classroom instruction and on-the-job training using an earn-while-you-learn model with training costs covered completely by the employer.
Once assigned to an employer, apprentices will earn a paycheck while learning on-the-job. Apprentices will alternate between eight weeks of classroom work and eight weeks at their chosen company for the duration of the program. Participants in the program will gain experience in a wide range of core competencies including motor controls, basic machining (mill, lathe, drilling, tapping, etc.), blueprint reading, functions of electrical and electronic systems, plus much more.
GNO, Inc. and the program partners are currently recruiting companies for the Mechatronics Apprenticeship program. If you are an employer or company interested in learning more about this unique workforce opportunity, please reach out to Osmar Padilla, Program Manager, at [email protected].
Below is a timeline of events for the next cohort:
- April 2022: Apprenticeship Applications Open
- May 2022: Interview Process
- June 2022: Employer Assessment Process
- July 2022: Apprenticeship Signing Ceremony
- August 2022: Cohort 4 Classes Begin
Applications for the 2022 cohort are now closed.
We are excited to open recruitment for the next class of mechatronics apprentices!
You can attend the following information session to learn more about the program and application process:
- 4/4 – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm at Delgado Community College River City & Advanced Manufacturing, 709 Churchill Pkwy, Avondale, LA 70094
- 4/5 – 6:00 pm to 730 pm at Northshore Technical Community College (Lacombe Campus), ROOM 105, 65556 Centerpoint Blvd, Lacombe, LA 70445
- 4/6 – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm at Nunez Community College, 3700 LaFontaine St., Chalmette, LA 70043
- 4/11 – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm virtually on Zoom
Media & Recap Videos
Mechatronics Commercial for WGNO
Mechatronics Recap from WGNO
GNO Mechatronics Apprenticeship Program Cohort 1 Presentations at Delgado Community College
Mechatronics Signing Ceremony on Great Day Louisiana
Mechatronics Mobile Lab
Mechatronics Mobile Lab
Northshore Technical Community College
Interested in learning more about the Mechatronics Apprenticeship Program? Let us know!