Business and Higher Education Come Together
GNOu’s demand-driven curriculum creation is attractive to industry in the Greater New Orleans region
The GNOu platform creates a strong ecosystem between the regions higher education institutions and industry partners. A few examples cultivated through GNOu include:
- Mechatronics Apprenticeship Program – An unprecedented partnership, three companies and three two-year colleges – Laitram, McCormick, Elmer Chocolate, Delgado Community College, Northshore Technical Community College and Nunez Community College – have come together to develop a pilot mechatronics apprenticeship program as a way to address the shortage of mechatronics workers in advanced manufacturing jobs. Click here to download information about the program.
- Amazon Web Services and Louisiana Community and Technical College System Collaborative Training Program – John Bel Edwards, in conjunction with GNO, Inc. and the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS), collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to unlock new opportunities in cloud computing across the state of Louisiana. As part of the collaboration, each of the 12 LCTCS colleges will implement AWS Educate, AWS’s global effort to support cloud learning for students and faculty across the world.
Curriculum Development to Meet University Growth
Through research, analysis, and industry outreach, GNO, Inc. produces signature products to help shape curriculum, designed to bring sustainable growth for both industry and higher ed partners
GNO Inc. provides research and industry insight that will provide growth opportunities for higher education driven approach. A few examples include:
- Dillard University Water Management Program that is preparing students with the skills to meet the demand for the evolving industry sector in the region.
- Tulane University School of Professional Advancement launches an Online Masters of Public Administration Program to strengthen the civic sector in the region.
- Nunez Community College Coastal Studies and GIS Technology Program launched to prepare students for coastal careers with a focus on GIS technology skills and instruction in coastal and environmental sciences.
New apprenticeship program will offer students money, mechatronics training
Community college students will now have the opportunity to participate in an innovative and unprecedented mechatronics apprenticeship program