Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Greater New Orleans, Inc. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V) offering competitive wages and benefits. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
GNO, Inc. is seeking a Program Assistant that will support a team of professionals at GNO, Inc. and his/her responsibilities will be varied and will include program and administrative work related to workforce development, environmental management, resource development, an annual conference (RES/CON), and special projects. The Program Assistant will contribute to a professional and results-oriented environment and will be exposed to business and political leadership in Greater New Orleans.
For the right candidate, the exposure to the wealth of programs at GNO, Inc.–and initiatives across the Greater New Orleans region– that this position provides could be a catalyst for professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job duties may include, but not limited to, the following:
• Building, maintaining, and tracking relationships with education, business and funding contacts
• Identifying opportunities to connect local business and industry to regional academic institutions to support workforce development
• Coordinating meetings and tours, and supporting annual conference and other organizational events
• Attending meetings, forums, conferences, etc. as a GNO, Inc. representative while building new relationships and identifying new opportunities
• Drafting grant reports and proposals, researching funding prospects, and tracking grant deliverables
• Managing special projects and activities; active participation on the GNO, Inc. team
• Scheduling and supporting administrative tasks
Qualifications and Experience
• Interest in economic growth in the 10 parish Greater New Orleans region and a high level of intellectual curiosity
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities
• Ability to handle multiple projects and ad hoc requests while still meeting deadlines
• Problem solving and project management skills
• Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Graphic design is a plus but not required
• Able to work independently as well as within a team environment
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in economic development, education, resource development, consulting, strategy, marketing, or project management preferred but not required
Qualified candidates should apply online at WorkNOLA with a cover letter and resume. Position open until filled. Please no phone calls. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. GNO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the application portal. Please standby as we work to correct the problem. Thank you for understanding.