Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Greater New Orleans, Inc. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V) offering competitive wages and benefits. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
Greater New Orleans, Inc. is seeking a Part Time Graphic Designer to create and implement effective visuals for our print and digital marketing materials. The candidate will work closely with our marketing and communications team to produce a wide range of design materials such as flyers, reports, brochures and promotional materials using the organization’s templates and design standards.
The candidate must have a good graphic sense and demonstrate a strong knowledge of best practices and industry-standard software. S/he should be able to operate with a high degree of autonomy, but be a clear, candid, and effective communicator in both spoken and written English. S/he should be motivated, reliable, thorough, and excited about developing visual materials with the potential to improve the economic health of the Greater New Orleans region.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Director of Brand and Marketing and duties include but not limited to the following:
- Design print and web graphic materials for Greater New Orleans, Inc. initiatives
- Work with several departments within the organization to understand the specific needs and content for a variety of projects
- Produce custom posters, postcards, invitations, and similar items using the organization’s design templates
- Create and assist with the printing of materials for the organization as needed
The work schedule for this position is negotiable, but is expected to consist of 15-20 hours weekly.
Desired Candidate Attributes
- Ability to work independently and capable of taking initiative on specific projects, often executing on multiple items at the same time
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Comfort working with materials that pertain to a wide range of subject matter, including raw data and sensitive information
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skill
- Strong attention to detail
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Graphic Design or related discipline
- 2+ years’ work experience in related field
- A portfolio of work to demonstrate design abilitiy
- Proficiency with and access to Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop CS6-level applications
Qualified candidates should apply at WorkNOLA (https://worknola.com/greater-new-orleans-inc/graphic-designer) with a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 graphic design samples. In addition to explaining why you’d like to work with Greater New Orleans, Inc., please include the following in your cover letter: (1) How much time you would be able to commit each week? (2) What days and for how long you are available?
Position open until filled. No phone calls. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. GNO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.