Condor, the third largest airline in Germany, has announced direct non-stop service between New Orleans and Frankfurt, starting May 2017. This marks the first time Greater New Orleans has enjoyed non-stop service to Europe since the early 1980’s. Landing a flight to Europe has been a top priority, following recent international successes securing a flight to Canada (Air Canada) and Latin America (Copa). Details on the Germany flight include:
- Frankfurt, Germany (FRA) non-stop to New Orleans (MSY)
- Connections to 120 destinations beyond Frankfurt
- Tickets start at $399 one-way Economy, $999 one-way Business Class
- Operating Boeing 767-300ER, with seats for 259 (18 Business Class, 35 Premium Class, 206 Economy Class)
- Wednesdays departing MSY at 6:30 p.m. and arriving FRA at 11:15 a.m. on Thursdays
- Sundays departing MSY at 11:20 p.m. and arriving FRA at 4:05 p.m. on Mondays
- Seasonal service: May 17, 2017-September 27, 2017 (can increase with demand)
Louis Armstrong International Airport, currently the #7th fastest growing in the nation, now has 15 airlines with 54 non-stop destinations, including 5 international. “We are not just connecting New Orleans to Germany, we are connecting New Orleans to the world” says Condor VP Titus Johnson, “Because from Frankfurt, we offer 120 or more seamless connections to all over Europe and around the world.”
You can watch more about the Condor announcement here.
You can book tickets from Condor now here.