Vol. 1: Reg10n Report
GNO, Inc. is optimistic about our region. The recovery economy is in full swing, with billions invested and more to come; young professionals are moving into our area at an unprecedented rate; and, the individual assets of our region have provided the diversity necessary to retain key companies, and provide homes for a population that is now 90% of its pre-storm total.
In my inaugural weeks as President and CEO of GNO, Inc., a recurring theme has emerged:both a request and a challenge to GNO, Inc., to aggressively fulfill its vital role as the regional economic development catalyst.
What does that mean for you and the region?
This means that GNO, Inc. will act as the regional economic development hub, serving to coordinate, consolidate and then catalyze economic development initiatives. The result will be a better business climate, growing companies and quality jobs – and a region that fulfills its potential as one of the best places in the country for both businesses and families.
Specifically, GNO, Inc. will:
- Attract new companies, and retain indigenous firms, in partnership with Louisiana Economic Development and our local economic development partners
- Coordinate regional and super-regional partners to pursue common infrastructure goals (e.g., a better airport)
- Serve as a strong voice in Baton Rouge, advocating for legislative polices that lower costs, encourage investment and reduce risk
- Develop programs to recruit, train and place qualified workforce
- Provide insightful research to help businesses make investment decisions
- Counter negative perceptions about our region, and ensure that businesses and individuals understand the unparalleled opportunities available at this moment
Of course, we will be tracking our progress on these efforts, and look forward to reporting to you results. Thank you in advance for your support.
Economic Development News
Navy signs Federal City Lease
Delgado opens allied health facility in Covington
Southern Recycling to relocate its Greater New Orleans operations within metro region
GNO, Inc. digs into repairing ‘front door’ for Michoud
2008 Session Wrap Up: How did it affect the Greater New Orleans Region?
Louisiana insurance reforms to entice insurers
Ideas aired to get youth to stay
Adventure calls workers to New Orleans
Around the Region
Announcements and Events
GNO, Inc. undertaking Regional Workforce Analysis
Do you own or run a company?
Click here to take the survey.
NORLI announces 42 business and civic leaders named to Class of 2009
Event Date: September 15-17, 2008
GNO, Inc. sends delegation to Washington, D.C. to begin a three day discussion targeting recovery and growth issues critical to the business community.
Marketing Trip to New York
Event Date: September 16-18, 2008
GNO, Inc. and local business leaders take to New York to visit with media, site selection consultants and company executives to tell the Greater New Orleans region’s message about the varied business climates and opportunities within its 10 parishes. Full story…
GNO, Inc. Hosts Economic Outlook Forum
Event Date: September 30, 2008
Join us for a lunch presentation on current economic conditions of monetary policy with speaker Dennis Lockhart, President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Full story…