Regional Business Community Stands behind Northshore Business Council In Support of Energy Industry
Caitlin Berni | firstname.lastname@example.org | Published on October 30, 2014
The undersigned organizations endorse the Northshore Business Council’s position of support for the oil and gas industry. Our organizations are in favor of energy production in Greater New Orleans and Louisiana, done in a safe and responsible manner. We are confident that strong state and local oversight can ensure the industry meets its responsibilities to the community.
The importance of the energy industry to our state cannot be overstated. The oil and gas industry supports over 300,000 jobs and $20.5 billion in household earnings in Louisiana. Last year, the industry paid nearly $1.5 billion in Louisiana taxes– 15% of the total taxes collected by the state. Louisiana is leading America’s energy boom, but we risk turning this boom into a bust if we do not support safe and responsible exploration and production.
You can read the Northshore Business Council’s statement of support here.
- Business Council of New Orleans and the River Region
- Greater New Orleans, Inc.
- Hammond Area Economic and Industrial Development District
- Jefferson Business Council
- Jefferson Chamber of Commerce
- Jefferson Parish Economic Development Commission
- New Orleans Chamber of Commerce
- Plaquemines Association of Business and Industry
- River Region Chamber of Commerce
- St. Bernard Chamber of Commerce
- St. Tammany Economic Development Foundation
- St. Tammany Homebuilders Association
- St. Tammany West Chamber of Commerce
- Southeast Regional Coalition of Business Councils
- Tangipahoa Economic Development Foundation
- Washington Economic Development Foundation