The NextGen Council is an initiative of GNO, Inc. designed to introduce new leadership into the organization, with the intent of 1) benefitting from the energy and ideas of emerging regional leaders; 2) developing future Board members for GNO, Inc.; and 3) developing leaders for the region, generally.
The NGC is composed of approximately 55 of the “next generation” of business and community leaders in the New Orleans region. Members serve a two-year term. New NGC members are nominated annually, and approved by the GNO, Inc. Board.
The NGC focuses on, and drives outcomes in issues congruent with the overall GNO, Inc. business plan. Examples of recent projects include:
- Destination GNO – a marketing brochure providing a host of information for individuals interested in relocating to Greater New Orleans
- GNOi – an iPhone app that provides users a short-cut to information on why GNO is the best place in the world to live, work and play
- Support of the RESTORE Act – a social media campaign to drive awareness and support the passage of the RESTORE Act
- WorkNOLA.com – participation in the redevelopment and re-launch of Greater New Orleans’ premier, professional employment site
The value-proposition of the NGC includes the following key member benefits:
- Opportunity to help lead the “new” New Orleans regional economic revolution, by driving real projects with concrete outcomes
- Membership in, and ability to network with, a select group of dynamic business leaders
- Access to general GNO, Inc. Board of Directors and other community leaders