The Enterprise Zone, or EZ program is a jobs incentive program that provides Louisiana income and franchise tax credits to a new or existing business located in Louisiana creating permanent net new full-time jobs, and hiring at least 50% of those net new jobs from one of four targeted groups. The benefit provides:
- Either a one-time $3,500 or $1,000 tax credit for each net new job created.
- A 4% rebate of sales and use taxes paid on qualifying materials, machinery, furniture, and/or equipment purchased or a 1.5% refundable investment tax credit on the total capital investment, excluding tax exempted items. The 4% or 1.5% rebate shall not exceed $100,000 per net new job.
This incentive program is open to Louisiana businesses (new or existing) that will:
- Create a minimum of five permanent net new full-time jobs within 24 months of their project start date or increase their current nationwide workforce by 10% within the first 12 months.
- Hire 50% of the net new jobs created from one or more of the certification requirements from these targeted groups:
- Residents: someone living in Enterprise Zone within the state.
- People receiving an approved form of public assistance.
- People lacking basic skills. A person performing below a ninth grade proficiency in reading, writing or mathematics.
- People unemployable by traditional standards.
The following employers or persons shall not be eligible to participate in the program:
- Employers engaged in the gaming industry or residential developments
- Retail employers assigned NAICS Code Sections 44 and 45
- Employers assigned NAICS Code Sections 721, 722, and 5613
Program Statutes & Rules:
All incentive program rules are in the Louisiana Administrative Code maintained by the Office of the State Register.
- View the Enterprise Zone Statutes
- View the Enterprise Zone Rules
- Choose Title 13, Economic Development
- Go to Part I, Chapter 7
How to Apply
Getting started is a click away. Submit your advance notification and pay online before you start construction, hire, and/or make purchases towards the project’s capital investment.
You may submit your advance, application and fees online using FastLane. If you have appointed a representative other than a company official as your contact designee, a Disclosure Authorization is required.
View fees associated with this incentive.
This program is administered by Louisiana Economic Development through the Board of Commerce & Industry.
For information regarding Enterprise Zone rules, contact the program administrator: